The grill is sizzling, the drinks are poured and you’ve got your lucky jersey on, ready for the big game. What’s missing? How about a plate of individual queso cups made from creamy cheddar and pepper jack cheese, packed with spicy jalapeños and bits of savory bacon! Stuffed inside of a bite-sized tortilla shell, these game-day snacks are easy to make and require no cleanup – just make sure you snag one for yourself before they’re gone!
Bacon Sriracha Queso Cups
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Olive oil
- 3 strips of bacon, chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tbsp flour
- 2 cups milk
- 3 tbsp sriracha
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup pepper jack cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup tomato
- 1 jalapeño, diced
- Salt, to taste
- Cut 12 small circles out of the tortilla about four inches in width. This can be done with a cookie cutter or by placing a small bowl upside down on the tortilla and tracing the edge of the bowl with a knife.
- Place each tortilla circle into a muffin tin and gently press into the tin to form the cup.
- Brush each tortilla with olive oil and bake at 400ºF for 6-8 minutes.
- In a saucepan, cook the pieces of bacon on medium heat for five minutes or until crisp.
- Remove the bacon and leave the grease, add in onions and cook for five minutes.
- Add flour and cook for an additional three minutes, then mix in the milk, Sriracha, cheddar cheese and pepper jack cheese
- Once the cheese has melted, add in tomato, jalapeño, bacon and salt.
- Fill each tortilla cup with queso and get ready for the big game!
Get all you need to be gameday ready at shipt.com!